Chibro Press Fit (No Weld) Piping Systems FAQS
What applications are applicable for 316 Stainless Steel No Weld Pipe and Fitting System?
- Potable and domestic cold and hot water (max 200°C)
- Machinery fresh water cooling
- Hot and chilled water for air conditioning plants
- Sprinkler and Fire systems
- Condensate Lines
- Compressed Air Lines and automatisms
- Vacuum lines
- Gases, including propane, butane and natural gas, inert gases such as oxygen, compressed air and instrument air.
- Demineralised, Softened, Conditioned and essential waters
- Waste Water systems
- Fuels & solvents including: diesel, lubricating oils, disinfectants, petroleum-based products, cleaning agents, paint thinners and other aggressive fluids.
What is the Pressure Rating of the 316 Stainless Steel No Weld Pipe and Fitting System?
The 316 Stainless Steel No Weld Piping System can be used in systems with pressures of 40 Bar (4000 kPa or 582 psi).for Tube sizes from 15 mm to 54 mm OD and 16 bar (1600 or 225 psi) for Tube sizes from 76.1 mm OD and over.
What metal types are available in the No Weld Pipe and Fitting range?
No Weld Pipe and Fittings are available in the following metal types:
- AISI 316L Stainless Steel
- 90/10 Copper Nickel
- Galvansied Steel
What are the main advantages of the 316 Stainless Steel No Weld Pipe and Fitting System?
The main advantages of No Weld Stainless Steel Pipe and Fittings are:
- Simple and fast assembly, thus lower labour costs (highly skilled welders not required)
- Reliability of pipe work in severe service conditions (military specified)
- No hot work, thus no fire hazard during installation (significant risk reduction)
- Weight reduction (up to 40% lighter than Flanged systems)
- Elimination of workshop labour normally carried out with conventional systems (Can be built on site)
- Corrosion resistance (No reported instances of Crevice Corrosion as metal is not heated when installing fittings)
What types of Industries use the 316 Stainless Steel No Weld Pipe and Fitting System?
No Weld Pipes and Fittings have been used world wide for over thirty years. Industries include the following:
- Ship Building and Repairs, both Naval and Commercial
- Food Processing Factories, including small goods, dairies, wineries and abattoirs.
- Manufacturing Plants
- Mining Process Plants.
- Heavy Industrial
- Waste Water Treatment.
- Hospitals and areas where hygiene is a priority
How does the 316 Stainless Steel No Weld Pipe and Fitting System work exactly?
The No Weld Stainless Steel Press Fit piping system is really very simple. You simply measure and cut the tube to the length required and de-burr. You then choose the desired fitting (from a range of over 60) and slide the fitting into the tube. Once you are happy with the fitting position, simply apply pressure via the Pressing Tool to ensure tightness between the tube and the fitting. The “O” ring creates the pressure seal. The tool is designed to apply the correct pressure to the fitting and automatically releases once the cycle is completed. The task is totally finished in a few seconds.
How long does the “O” Ring last within the fitting?
The No Weld fittings are supplied in there standard from with EPDM “O” ring’s. This rubber is particularly resistant to ageing, ozone, heat, as well as to chemicals, including conditioners normally used for drinking water and for cooling systems. Pipe systems for fuel oil or for lubricants are supplied upon request with “O” ring’s of NBR and for gas systems with HNBR “O” ring’s. It is important to ensure that the correct “O” ring is used in each application. With the correct “O” ring installed Non Weld Pipes and Fittings have been in service for over 30 years across the world in a broad range of applications without “O” ring failure. Due to this fact and the benefits gained, Non Weld Pipe and Fittings installations continue to grow significantly around the world.
Why use 316 Stainless Steel No Weld Pipe and Fittings?
- Corrosion resistance. Suitable for most acids and alkaline fluids and resistance to most aggressive waters
- Strong and long life. Low maintenance, durable and often the least expensive alternative when whole of life cycle costs are considered.
- Resistance to high temperatures
- Piping installation without fire hazard
- Resists scaling
- Fire resistant and will not melt or give off toxic fumes in a fire
- Hygienic for fluids, gases and conduit lines.
- Time saving when considering repairs and maintenance both during and after installation
- Eliminates need for specialist welding
- Ease of installation in confined areas
What organisations have approved the 316 Stainless Steel No Weld Pipe and Fitting System?
The Tube and Fittings within the No Weld Press Fit Piping range have been approved by many of the worlds classification societies including Lloyds. It also has the Water mark applied from many countries. Press Fit is manufactured in keeping with the strictest standards. Please see the Catalogue for further detail on approvals.
Is the 316 Stainless Steel No Weld Pipe and Fitting System silicon Free?
Both the Tube and the Fittings that make up the components of the CHIBRO No Weld piping system are guaranteed silicon free and can be used in proximity of industrial painting plants.
How do I order the 316 Stainless Steel No Weld Pipe and Fitting System?
Simply contact one of the Stainless Steel piping specialists at MEI on the following:
P: (02) 9734 8771
F: (02) 9824 3771
International: +612 9734 8771